I am a fan of Jain Jalsa, while browsing through food channels I paused while they were showing some tikkis. The chef was plating some tikkis with Basil. Basil is mostly used in Italian cuisine and more profoundly in pastas. It is rarely used in Indian cuisine.
While they were showing the recap I figured out that it was corn tikki. Following is my version of the same:
- Corn: 2 cups
- Basil: 6-7 leaves
- Bread crumbs: 1 cup
- Coriander: handful
- Ginger-garlic paste: 2 tbsp (my kid loves garlic and hence this is not the Jain way)
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Cheese: 2 tbsp.
- Corn flour: 2-3 tbsp
- 1. Take 2 cups of corn seeds with basil leaves, coriander, black pepper, and grind it.
- 2. Add Ginger-garlic paste to it.
- 3. Add corn-flour and grate some cheese to above mixture and knead it.
- 4. Roll into small balls and make round cutlets of the same.
- 5. Dip them in bread crumbs for making them crispy.
- 6. Add oil to frying pan and shallow fry the tikkis till they cook..