Beetroot, a highly recommended vegetable when one is low on hemoglobin. Hated by many for its raw taste and liked by many for its ultimate color. It is usually had as a salad or part of a salad. I don’t like beetroot, hence I never buy it. Last Sunday when we had been to a family friend’s place, they offered us delicious colorful cutlet. On asking about the recipe, we were told that it is a “beetroot cutlet”. I was shocked that how can it taste all that good. My kid was dancing and having it J
I had to try it, try it for him. So immediately got about 250 gms of beetroot and rest is as below:
- Beetroot: 2 medium-sized
- Potato: 2 medium-sized
- Bread: 8 slices
- Ginger-garlic paste: 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Semolina and coriander for garnishing: 2 tbsp each
- Peel of the beetroot and grate it.
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes to it.
- Grind the bread slices and add to the above mixture.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, black pepper and salt to the above mixture. Knead it.
- Roll into small size balls and make cutlets out of it. Dip them in semolina for a crisper texture.
- On a frying pan, add oil. Shallow fry the cutlets from both sides for about 15-20 minutes.
- Plate it with your favorite sauce and coriander.