Carrots ..carrots here a carrot there a carrot ..:D
Come winters and sabji mandis are flooded with Carrots(delhi gajar). There are lot of carrot reciepes ..right from salads, koshimbirs, soups, and desserts. I prefer having it as a dessert for its natural sweetness and ofcourse soft texture…color not to be forgotten.
Carrot cake is one of my favorite desserts and wanted to bake it. I do watch and follow Sanjeev Kapoor’s food shows. Apparantely, he was showing Carrot cake..Then what??
I had to try it. Following is the quick reciepe of the same(it is my percepation of his recipe):
Preparation time: 1 hour
- Wheat flour: 2cups
- Milk: 1 cup
- Eggs: 3
- Sugar: 2cups
- Baking powerder: 2tbsp
- Baking soda: 1 tbsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Carrots: 2cups
- Cinnamon: 1/2 tbsp
- Nutmeg: 1/2 tbsp
- Raisins: 3-4 tbsp
- Salt: 1/2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence: 1 tbsp(optional)
Decoration: Whipped cream readily available from bakeries
How to :
- Take a bowl and beat the eggs. Mix eggs with sugar with an hand blender.
- Take another bowl, sieve wheat flour, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, baking powder and baking soda. Little salt and mix it
- Now add the grated carrots to the above mixture. Add oil to this mixture.
- Add vanilla essence to milk and mix it to the above mixture.
- Now add this entire mixture to the beaten egg and sugar mixture. Mix it thorougly.
- Take the raisins and rub it with some flour, so that it does not settle down in the mixture.
- Take a cake tin and grease with oil. Add the batter.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and bake the cake for 45 minutes.
- You can use the cream for futher decoration(optional)
Disclaimer: This was my first cake and i missed couple of steps 😉 Nevertheless everybody still liked the taste..