On seeing my interest developed for baking my sister requested me to make a “Chocolate cake”. I am not too fond of chocolate and coco for that matter. Went through lot of videos and chocolate cake recipes and did learn something interesting about baking.
The sponginess of cake depends on how well the batter is done. Which means how well the ingredient mix together. The more you mix it, the more spongy it is. The less time you bake it, the better it is.
This was 4th attempt in baking. So here it goes:
All purpose flour: 1 and 1/2 cups
Sugar: 2 cups
Butter: 1/2 cup
Coco powder: 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract: 1 tbsp
Baking soda and Baking powder: 1 tbsp each
- Take a big bowl, add butter and sugar to it. Mix with a hand blender. Beat eggs into it one by one. Blend it for about 8-9 minutes.
- Add vanilla essence to it. Mix it again.
- Take another bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and set it aside.
- Get to boil one cup of water. Add the coco powder to it and mix it to obtain a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Add the mixture made in step 3 to the one in step 1 slowly.
- Keep mixing it until you get a really nice batter.
- Add the coco powder to this mixture.Blend it.
- Grease a cake tin(whichever you prefer) with butter and dust with flour for easy removal of cake once done.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Put the tin in oven and bake it for 25-30 minutes. Keep checking with tooth-pick.
- Once done, let it cool for 15-20 minutes and then decorate with Chocolate syrup.
- I had melted Cad-bury chocolate and used it for decoration.
Next baking episode is for my mom’s birthday..