Swaraj my 14 month old kid has recently started having solid food. Since the time he has been introduced to solids, I am inspired to cook something different almost everyday. As a mommy you definitely do not want the kid to have outside food. Besides he seems to be a foodie..or perhaps he has not developed choices yet 😉 which gives me a reason to do my food experiments on him.
Pediatrician said that Daliya twice a week is good. Kheer, upma and pulav are obvious choice from Daliya. But I was willing to do something else.
So thought of making IDLIs using the same.To add some more value, I added corn to it. Check out the recipe!!
Daliya: 2 tbsp
Semolina(Suji): 1 tbsp
Corn: 2 tbsp
Ginger: 1/4 inch
Garlic: 2 cloves
Coriander: 3-4 strands
Salt: 1/2 tbsp
Curd: 1/2 tbsp(optional)
Curry leaves: 2-3
Mustard and Cumin seeds: 1/2 tbsp
Oil: 1/2 tbsp
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Take a bowl, put daliya+suji+curd(optional) in it. Set it aside for 5-6 `minutes.
- Meanwhile, grind corn,ginger,coriander, and garlic cloves.
- Mix the above mixture into Dalia to prepare a batter. mix well
- Heat a small pan, put oil in it. Once hot, put the curry leaves followed by mustard and cumin seeds. Add this to batter.
- Take a idli plate, grease it with oil and pour the batter to make small idlis. You can use Appam vessel too…
- Steam it for 10 minutes and serve it with green chutney or sauce.
- This recipe is loved by kids..