Kothimbir wadi is a all time favorite maharashtrain snack. My sister’s in-laws do vegetable farming and Kothimbir is one of their products. So we keep gettting lot of it. The obvious choice for that lot of kothimbir(coriander) is “kothimbir wadi”. To add a twist I used bhajni and some chicken kheema 😉 Wondering ….
Kothimbir judi: 1
Readymade Bhajni: I used ke-pra’s Bhajni pith-250gms
Chicken Kheema: 1 cup(very fine)
Garam Masala: 1 tbsp
Ginger-garlic paste: 2 tbsp
Salt: As per taste
Oil: 2-3 cups
Chilli Powder: 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric: 1/4 tbsp
Lemon juice: 1/4 tbsp
Sesame seeds (black and White): 1/2 tbsp each
1. Clean and wash coriander.
Remove excess water.
2. Cook chicken kheema using pressure cooker and keep it aside.
3. fine chop the coriander
4. Take a bowl, add bhajni pith(mixed pulses flour), coriander, and Chicken kheema. Mix well and set it aside for an 30 minutes.* Please do not add any water.
5. Add ginger garlic paste, garam masala, chilli powder and turmeric powder to mixture above. Mix well. Add salt and sesame seeds. mix one more time.
6. I had used a sieve basket over a pot of boiling water for steaming. They can be pressure cooked too.
7. Add 1 litre of water to a pot, and let it boil. Grease the sieve and place it on top of it.
8. Make long rolls of the mixture and place it in the sieve. Let it cook for 10-15 minutes (insert a tooth pick to check if it is cooked. If it is, then it will come out clean)
8. Once done, remove them in a plate. Slice them and deep fry them.
9. I had platted them with idli fried fingers…and sauce.. Yum yummmmmm