While returning from an year-end trip, I purchased Strawberries from Wai(Mahableshwar). Mahableshwar is famous for its beautiful landscape, chilly weather and strawberry farms. It was very hard for us to finish all of them. Hence a strawberry cake…
This was the second time I was baking something. Thanks to Google for guiding me to various strawberry cake recipes. I picked the one best suited for me.
Ingredients were not to difficult to look for, nor was the procedure. I used the following in more or less quantity specified:
- Strawberries: 300 gms(pureed and strained–>2/3 cup)
- Eggs: 6 eggs( 4 whites and 2 whole)
- All purpose flour or Maida: 2 cups
- Butter: 1 cup (@ room temperature)
- Sugar: 3 cups
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking power and Baking Soda: 2 teaspoons each
- 2×9″ cake tins
For decoration:I had used whipped cream readily available in bakery.
- 1. To begin mix the All purpose flour+salt+baking powder+baking soda and set it aside.
- Next mix the strawberry puree+milk+vanilla essence and set it aside too.
- Now take a large size bowl with the butter in.Butter can be salted or salt free..whatever suits you. Mix it with the sugar using a hand blender. Add eggs to it and mix it well.
- Starting adding the flour to this mixture slowly so that it incorporates well. Add the puree in it and again the flour. Repeat it till you get a good batter.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the microwave oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease the tin with butter or use a butter parchment paper. Divide the batter in two tins.
- Place the tins in the oven and bake it for 35 minutes.
- Remove the tins and allow it to cool.
- Sides of the cakes can be carved for better finish. Decorate the cake with the whipped cream and some fresh strawberries… EnjoyTip: Put the cake in refrigerator after decorating for an hour or two to get that pastry kind of feeling.